A useful plug-in, particularly for giving structure to long posts.
Installing this plug in essentially adds a second row of editing buttons to your write page, allowing you to:
- apply the ‘standard styles’ to paragraphs (heading 1 … heading 6, plus 1-2 others)
- apply styles such as superscript and subscript, font colour, etc.
- insert horizontal lines
Writing long, highly structured pages such as this site’s FAQs would have been more difficult without this plug-in. And writing very long pages without structure is not advised.
To install, select PlugIns from the Back Office navigation, find ‘Advanced Editor’ in the list, and click ‘Activate’. When you open Write Page the next time, you’ll need to hit Refresh.
How to use These Styles
You are of course free to do as you wish, but this site’s stylesheet works best when you use the Heading 1 to heading 4 styles as follows:
- Heading 1 is reserved for the title of each post or page. On this page: “Using the Advanced Editor Plug-In” is in Heading 1. Each page should only have one such title, so don’t use this style.
- Heading 2: use this as the subtitle whenever you write longer than average posts
- Heading 3: for very long posts or pages (e.g., this site’s FAQs), use this as a secondary subtitle.
- Heading 4: use this as an introductory paragraph. On this page, the first paragraph (“A useful plug-in …) is in Heading 4.
Here’s how they look when used this way: